The internet is indeed bringing the world together with swift communication. While the online business is making a steady progress, there is a great demand in the market for Web application development and Website design and development. I have discussed in this lens about the web development in detail with its remarkable growth towards SaaS method of deployment.
Website Design and Development
Websites are the backbone of the internet to provide a solid landing space with contents for users to browse across the site with minimal clicks. The appearance of the site makes the first impression on the users while good contents keeps them engaged. The websites play a great role in bridging the communication between the potential customers and the business people. An user-friendly website that is designed attractively with unique features steals the show.
The web development companies are concentrating for providing competitive website designs that are creative with affordable development charges. The richness of the website is built with colorful photos, videos, and other multimedia components which needs to be utilized properly without affecting the loading time and performance of the site. Web design and development can achieve the desired success only by using the right combination of tools and techniques available.
List of commonly used technologies for website development includes:
1. HTML - Hyper text markup language
2. XHTML - extended version of HTML
3. CSS - style sheet language used for describing presentation semantics
4. PHP - a server side scripting language
5. MySQL - open source relational database management system
8. AJAX - group of interrelated web development techniques used on client side
9. Wordpress - a content management system
10. Joomla - a content management system
11. Drupla - a content management system
List of commonly used web designing tools includes:
1. Photoshop - This is used for editing the images
2. Dreamweaver - Commercial application for web development
3. Flash - This is used for website animation
4. Fireworks - Commercial raster and vector graphics editor
5. Firebug - Open source in-browser web development tool
6. Panic Coda - A shareware web development application
7. Creative Suite - Bundle of software for graphic and web design
Websites for Commercial Purposes
The websites have also become the commercial area for merchants to carry out their selling and buying activities online with proper channel for clearing the payments and delivering the goods. The web development companies have made an advancement to provide ready made scripts to build such websites and shopping carts. The auctions are also conducted online using the best website space with robust facilities.
List of technologies used for building shopping carts includes:
Development of Web-based Applications
The development of websites have also marked the initiatives for developing various web-based applications. There are lots of web-based applications available in the web market that are useful for conducting the business such as social networking scripts, e-learning software, content management system, ERP solutions, CRM software and much more. The business world has become agile with the development of various web applications which helps to get all the information on the fingertips reducing the burden of sales people with better customer support and contact.
In the various stages of web development, the flexibility to access the web applications using the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) method is creating a new trend in the market. In SaaS deployment method, the user needs to pay only for the used hours of the application while the database and other infrastructure needed is maintained by the service providing company. This concept is revolutionizing the industry. Though the SaaS method was initially used for sales force automation, today it is applied in all areas including accounting, document management, ERP and much more.
This SaaS method which is one of the cloud computing method is preferred by the business people because of the cost effectiveness.
Some of the benefits of SaaS method of implementation includes:
1. No downloading of software: The user can start using the software without downloading which eliminates the need for huge infrastructure or investment on buying the software.
2. Resource sharing: The resources are shared on the internet
3. Reduced cost: The cost of using the software on SaaS method is comparatively advantageous instead of buying the software. Also the operating cost is also very low since the maintenance is done by the service providing company.
4. Increased storage: The database storage capacity is shared and provided by the service provider which is comparatively high
5. Flexible computing: The computing method is simple and flexible.
6. Automatic updation: The database is automatically updated reducing the errors and data loss
7. Accessibility from anywhere: The software can be used from anywhere which is a great advantage for data computing and updation of information.
The web application development which initially started with the websites have gradually advanced towards developing applications based on the web. Today the cloud computing methods like SaaS has given the benefit to the users for availing metered service. The advancement in science and technology is also accompanied by the changing attitude of people towards sophistication. This is providing more room for new inventions in the future.
Author: stevensmith / Posted: 11-05-2012