Location: Working location used for posting.Brussels
Type: Full Time
Primary Location Various
NATO Body Various
Application deadline: 31 May 2020
Salary (Pay Basis): 4,346.80 Euro*
Grade: A1 (NATO grade 11)
The Young Professionals Programme
Through times of crisis and times of peace, for 70 years and counting, NATO has safeguarded our freedom and security. We know that threats evolve every day, and this is why we need you –to tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow!
We are launching an accelerator for your international career – the Young Professionals Programme (YPP). We want the most talented young professionals in a variety of areas to participate in this select programme.
Through this global three-year programme, you will experience the frontline of a political and military alliance and start a journey of personal and professional development. Together, we will enable NATO to:
- Leverage innovation, science and technology to support peace and security;
- Stay ahead in cutting edge domains such as cyber defence and aerospace;
- Address emergent global challenges with security implications;
- Support multiple operations on land, sea and air around the world;
- Fight terrorism, piracy and human trafficking at a global level;
- Facilitate political consultation and dialogue between Nations; and,
- Run crisis management exercises that mobilise thousands of people and equipment.
Do you want to make a difference and help protect close to one billion people across 30 Nations, including your own? Apply for the YPP, if you are ready to take on this challenge and are a national of a NATO member state with a Master’s degree and at least one year of work experience.
With you, we are stronger.
During the three years of the programme, you will be assigned to three different NATO bodies, one each year. You can find out more about the work of these NATO bodies here.
This is an opportunity for you to apply your knowledge and skills in the broader area of Cyber Defence. As you gain experience, you will be given increasing responsibilities, such as:
- Contribute to elements of the entire lifecycle of cyber defence capabilities development, from definition of requirements, planning, delivery and retirement;
- Stay abreast and up-to-date on the current cyber threats from internal and publicly available external sources and assess risk to NATO and its Member States;
- Apply data and insights from operational incidents to strengthen existing, as well as develop new cyber defence capabilities, policies, products and processes;
- Analyse structured and unstructured data for development of operational and strategic reports to a wide audience and contribute to information and knowledge management in the broad topic of cyber defence;
- Support a secure conduct of the Alliance’s operations and business through the provision of scientific, technical, acquisition, operations, maintenance, and/or sustainment support in the cyber domain;
- Contribute to conducting cyber security operations, participate in incident management and associated coordination and support activities; and,
- Research new trends and innovation in the topic of Cyber Defence.
Who we are looking for
The changing pace of the world demands that NATO and its people remain flexible, eager to learn and able to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders from multicultural backgrounds. For this role, we are generally interested in the following educational backgrounds:
- Cyber Studies, International Security, Engineering, Information and Communication Technology, Computer Science, International Relations, Mathematics, Business Administration, Public Administration; and,
- Any other degree that you believe can be useful to the area of Cyber Defence – let us know how your knowledge and skills can be applied!
The following skills are considered an asset:
- Knowledge of security software and familiarity with cyber security regulations;
- Experience in the field of data analytics, data science, or machine learning; and,
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
What we offer
NATO will offer the Young Professionals:
- An experience of a lifetime at the forefront of an international organisation where you’ll have the opportunity to develop your skills and enlarge your professional network;
- A diverse and stimulating work and personal experience where you will be assigned to three different NATO bodies around the globe, one each year; and,
- A competitive salary and other benefits, including excellent health insurance and a generous annual leave of 30 days.
Are you interested in being part of NATO and the YPP? Apply until 31 May 2020 via this link!
For more information, please see the job description here and more information about the programme here.
*Salary reference value as per 2020, Belgium. Subject to future adjustments in accordance with North Atlantic Council decisions.
Company URL: http:
Click here to apply!
Job listing: https://jobs.github.com/positions/7dd9f2fa-74c2-4ee5-bcef-7d6494c402d3